If your child has had an extraction of one or more teeth today please follow the instructions that are indicated below:
- Do not rinse the mouth for several hours.
- Do not drink any beverage containing carbonation for the remainder of the day.
- Do not drink out of a straw for the remainder of the day.
- Keep fingers and tongue away from the socket.
- Use Tylenol or children’s Motrin for any discomfort as directed for the age of the patient.
- Some bleeding following tooth extraction is to be expected. If unusual, or sustained bleeding occurs, have the patient bite down firmly on a piece of gauze over the extraction site for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat if necessary.