Christmas is a little more than a month away, but we’re still guilty of thinking about it. All the cliches are absolutely correct– it’s a magical time of year, and there’s a tangible spirit of fun and kindness in the air! We try to capture that magic all year ‘round at our office, so it’s no surprise we get in the Christmas spirit a little early around here.
As a children’s dentist, we understand the importance of good oral health habits, but we also understand a child’s desire for a magical Christmas experience. When you’re thinking of Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers for the kids in your life, your mind might not naturally gravitate toward oral health products– but maybe it should.
No, we’re not endorsing giving your child a toothpaste-centric Christmas, but there are some oral health items that make great stocking stuffers. We can even think of one larger gift kids will love, and it will totally benefit their teeth and their smile.
The Incredible Gift of Sonicare Treatments
Maybe you already knew this, but we offer Sonicare treatment for kids, which makes a great gift. Kids love coming into our practice, and a Sonicare treatment is fast, fun, and friendly.
We love Sonicare products because they remove more plaque than regular brushes, and also make for healthier gums and teeth. They’re gentle, especially for sensitive teeth. It’s hard to believe a device that gives you a pleasant gum massage also makes your teeth whiter and healthier, but it’s absolutely true.
If there’s a child in your life who has never experienced Sonicare, one of our treatments makes an excellent Christmas gift. As an added bonus, they’ll have a blast at our practice.
Family Gifts and Stocking Stuffers
In addition to Sonicare treatment, we have a few other ideas for holiday gifts. These are fun items to stuff stockings or sprinkle in with other presents. Sugar is rampant during the holiday season, so you can help prevent cavities with a few thoughtfully placed dental products.
Your Christmas probably won’t be entirely focused on dental products, and we understand that. Teeth are particularly vulnerable during the holidays, though, so these carefully planned gifts can help mitigate the scourge of Christmas sugar.
- Sonicare Toothbrushes – As already noted, Sonicare toothbrushes are incredibly effective, gentle, and fun to use. They offer an entire range of kids’ products, which feature Bluetooth connectivity and a free app! The app itself is great fun for kids, and Sonicare also features fun stickers and other decorations so kids can personalize their toothbrush. A few people on my team give them to family members every year for Christmas, and they always get a great response.
- Travel Size – Travel size floss, toothbrushes, and toothpaste come in handy all the time. Whether you’re going on the road to visit family, flying out for a business trip or vacation, or just looking for a way to conveniently take care of your teeth at work or school, you can never have enough travel size dental products. They’re inexpensive, useful, and practical.
- Novelty Toothpaste – Some kids have short attention spans. So do some adults. When we get bored of something, we want to try something new. It might not be practical for the entire year, but novelty toothpaste makes a great stocking stuffer. You can find toothpaste flavors in cupcake, pickle, bacon, and even Oreo flavor! You know the old saying: weird toothpaste is the spice of life. Just kidding; we made that up.
- Colgate Wisps – These portable, disposable toothbrushes don’t require water or toothpaste. They’re perfect for your child to take to school, and they’re great for travel, too. If you don’t like creating excess waste, Colgate even has a recycling program for used Wisps.
- Mouthguards – Have a young athlete on your Christmas list? They’d probably love a new custom mouthguard. We offer custom mouthguards in team colors, and we can think up plenty of other cool ideas, too. Mouthguards are essential for kids who play contact sports, and they make a great gift.
It’s never too early (or too late) to start thinking about Christmas. It’s our favorite time of year, and when it rolls around, we can count on a little extra magic at our office. Christmas doesn’t have to mean cavities, though. With the clever application of some of these gift ideas, you and your family will have a wonderful and cavity-free holiday season.
A Healthy Mouth is a Happy Mouth!