We ask for your patience and compliance as we implement the additional necessary measures and new infection control guidelines; but rest assured that we are still here to provide exceptional care in a safe and loving dental home for your child.
What to Expect During Your Next Appointment:
- Our staff will need to verbally communicate with you while re-scheduling to ask some pre-screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you arrive, you will stay in your vehicle and contact the office via text or call. We will then place you in our “virtual waiting room”. We will acknowledge and contact you when the team is ready for the patient.
- As you enter the office, we request that you and the patient wear your own face covering or mask the entire time you are in the building.
- Only the patient and the parent/guardian will be allowed in the office.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- We will then complete a check-in screening, including temperature.
- The patient will be escorted to the operatory area and the parent can either wait in the reception area (social distancing) or wait in vehicle.
- You may see that our reception room will no longer offer magazines, children’s’ toys and so forth as those items are difficult to clean.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your child’s appointment.
- Our team will be in FULL Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). You will want to prepare your children for this appointment.
We are so grateful that you continue to place your trust in our hands. While priority will be given to restoration procedures initially, do not hesitate to call if your child develops a dental problem that cannot wait.
We remain committed to the safety of you and your family, and appreciate your understanding as we navigate through present circumstances.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Debra C. Duffy, DDS